Visit of the Pessac-Léognan castles and tasting of the wines of the appellation
Not far from Bordeaux, between Médoc, Graves and Sauternes, there is an appellation of great Bordeaux wines: Pessac-Léognan. Barely spread over 10 municipalities, in the south-west of the metropolis, and comprising 68 castles and estates, it has built its identity and its originality thanks in particular to its soils made of gravel.
During a wine tourism excursion, Wine Cab invites you to explore the vineyard and visit some emblematic castles of Pessac-Léognan.
Château Carbonnieux, Château Smith Haut Lafitte, Château La Louvière, Château Haut Bailly, Château Pape Clément… They all open their doors to you and welcome you as distinguished guests!
Discover on this occasion white and red wines with an underlined personality and become an expert in tasting. The red on the palate is characterized by its fleshy side, its balance, tight tannins, to end with notes of very ripe red fruits and liquorice. The red wines of Pessac-Léognan are said to be elegant. What will your opinion be? The white, more concentrated and complex, affirms its personality with its fat and unctuous side, its freshness and its balance. Do you have a preference?
2 to 4
What the activity includes :
- Accompaniment by an expert oenologist (supplement of €280, limited to 3 passengers)
- A road book illustrated and personalized with Polaroid photos : 20€
Important information :
- The taxi is not air-conditioned, old vehicle obliges! In summer, enjoy the comfort of a cooler and misters to cool you down.
- Private visits are carried out in compliance with barrier gestures against COVID-19: protective glass, disinfection before each departure and supply of hydro-alcoholic gel.
They wrote it :
Gateways of Bordeaux
- Pick-up and drop-off at your hotel in Bordeaux or its surroundings
- A visit with tasting in a Grand Cru Classé château
- A visit with tasting in a family property
- A rural tasting in the vineyards (or in the taxi if it rains)
- An English-speaking driver