The wine of women winegrowers, between sensitivity and innovation
Wine Cab is definitely off the beaten track and takes you to meet women winegrowers in the Bordeaux vineyards.
It’s new for 2022! The English taxi honors the wine of women winegrowers and ventures on new roads for the occasion!
Wine Cab invites you to meet these passionate and fascinating women who give themselves up through their testimonies and their stories. Their sincerity is touching, but it is by tasting their wine that you will be most moved. These wines are the reflection of their soul, divine wines, wines for all women, but also for all men.
Go north of Bordeaux, at the gates of the Médoc, to the Château du Taillan and meet Armelle Falcy . She and her 4 sisters manage the estate: an 18th century castle , in the heart of a hundred-hectare wooded park. Find out how their passion earned this family property to be classified as a Cru Bourgeois Exceptionnel.
A little further, in the Médoc lands, in the town of Macau , Christine Nadalié welcomes you to Château Beau Rivage. It is one of the rare Bordeaux Supérieurs to be established in the Médoc. The wines of Christine Nadalié , produced on 15 hectares, all come from organic farming. Oenologist and coming from a family of coopers, she is very keen to share her know-how and her love for the terroir and wine.
Another circuit will take you to Entre-deux-Mers, on the left bank of the Dordogne, where the Graves de Vayres appellation extends. Enter the Degas vineyards where Diane and Eugénie Degas took up the torch from their grandmother. The property covers 90 hectares, 80 of which are red grape varieties. An incredible heritage that the two sisters develop with modernity and femininity!
2 to 4
What the activity includes:
- Pick-up and drop-off at your hotel in Bordeaux
- Two visits with tasting in two family properties
- A rural tasting in the vineyards (or in the taxi if it rains)
- An English-speaking driver
- Accompaniment by an expert oenologist (supplement of 190 €, limited to 3 passengers)
- A road book illustrated and personalized with Polaroid photos: 25 €
- The taxi is not air-conditioned, old vehicle obliges! In summer, enjoy the comfort of a cooler and misters to cool you down.
- Private visits are carried out in compliance with barrier gestures against COVID-19: protective glass, disinfection before each departure and supply of hydro-alcoholic gel.
THEY WROTE IT: