The profession of sommelier : a key profession around wine
He is the king of food and wine pairings, the one who selects the wine that will go best with a dish, to sublimate the dish, but the wine too! As a fine connoisseur, his role is to advise, choose and serve customers, very often in a restaurant or in a cellar. His knowledge of gastronomy is important; he also works in collaboration with the chefs. The management of a cellar and its profitability are also part of his skills.
In any food and wine pairing, everything is based on persistence and balance. Neither the wine nor the food should outweigh the other. Only the resonance counts, the echo that both send back.
Wine Cab offers you a workshop on the profession of sommelier. Become an expert in subtle alliances with exceptional products. As a student sommelier, you will learn how to pair red and white wines. You will also have the opportunity to taste a magnificent white wine with oysters or caviar (depending on the season).
2 to 4
What the activity includes:
- Pick-up and drop-off at your hotel in Bordeaux
- A sommelier workshop
- A visit with tasting in a family property
- A rural tasting in the vineyards (or in the taxi if it rains)
- An English-speaking driver
Les options :
- Accompaniment by an expert oenologist (supplement of €280, limited to 3 passengers)
- A road book illustrated and personalized with Polaroid photos : 20€
Important information :
- The taxi is not air-conditioned, old vehicle obliges! In summer, enjoy the comfort of a cooler and misters to cool you down.
- Private visits are carried out in compliance with barrier gestures against COVID-19: protective glass, disinfection before each departure and supply of hydro-alcoholic gel.
They wrote it :
the cellar man