An exciting wine profession : the cellar master
It is said of him that he is the master of taste! The cellar master is the wine specialist and must guarantee its quality. For this, in close collaboration with the oenologist, he supervises the entire winemaking process upon receipt of the harvest. He also manages the cellar. He is also called cellar master or cellar master.
Wine cab invites you to discover this fascinating wine profession. A 4-hour workshop takes you on the roads of the Médoc, to meet a professional. It’s a participatory experience so you’ll get your hands dirty… more like assembly!
After visiting the family estate, step into the shoes of the cellar master. Start by tasting the different grape varieties in order to fully understand their specificity and their contribution to the composition of Bordeaux wines. The exercise will then consist in creating your own cuvée by subtly assembling 2 or 3 main grape varieties among Cabernet Franc, Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot, Petit-Verdot.
This workshop, placed under the sign of pleasure above all, will make you discover the art of blending, the marriages of aromas, textures and flavors… It is your personality that will reveal itself! A beautiful program in perspective!
2 to 4
What the activity includes :
- Pick-up and drop-off at your hotel in Bordeaux
- A visit with tasting in a family property
- A cellar master workshop
- A rural tasting in the vineyards (or in the taxi if it rains)
- An English-speaking driver
- Accompaniment by an expert oenologist (supplement of €280, limited to 3 passengers)
- A road book illustrated and personalized with Polaroid photos : 20€
Important information :
- The taxi is not air-conditioned, old vehicle obliges! In summer, enjoy the comfort of a cooler and misters to cool you down.
- Private visits are carried out in compliance with barrier gestures against COVID-19: protective glass, disinfection before each departure and supply of hydro-alcoholic gel.
They wrote it :